The highlight of my trip to SXSWedu 2014 was sitting on Dell’s Innovation in Teaching and Learning panel.
What was really inspired me were the ideas and activities of the young panellists, specifically:
- Jack Andraka – who at 15 invested a cheap and accurate test for pancreatic, liver and ovarian cancer
- Erik Martin – a student video games designer whose Ted Youth talk is a must watch
- Zak Malamed founder of Student Voice
- Ritankar Das the founder of See Your Future (currently studying at Oxford)
- Jamira Burley (our moderator) Executive Director of the Philidelphia Youth Commission
- Jordan Howard – of GenYnot who is already changing America and I suspect pretty soon the whole world!
If you ever despair about young people, don’t, these six show why the future is so exciting.
Many thanks to Sarah Luden and Jon Phillips of Dell.